Monday, October 22, 2012

THE BLOG IS BACK!


Greetings everyone! So after seeing the success of the summer blog this year, and the positive response we got from students, we decided we will continue the blog throughout the school year. We did kind of miss out on about 2 months worth of updates in our hiatus, but hopefully we can bring you guys back to speed as quickly as possible with what we've been up to! Unfortunately I didn't really think that far ahead when coming up with the domain name, so the url is going to have to stay at theusummer, but hopefully people are used to it by now! Annd of course, we all wish it was always summer!

Soooo... since August? Well Frosh Week was a huge success and feels like a billion years ago. I had so much fun and it was amazing to see the Frosh having such a great time, huge thanks to everyone who made the week so successful (o-crew, security, student services, etc etc).  After Frosh Week, I'm pretty sure September didn't exist. It felt like I closed my eyes for two seconds and it was already Homecoming. We did have great success with the September Sidewalk Fest on September 14th - it was great to see so many students out in the town. We are hoping this event will be an annual one and I'll be adding info about it in my transition report. It is great to have such a positive relationship with our town. We also ran the Football campaign for Sexual Assault Awareness Week in September, which garnered lots of attention and I think the campaign was very powerful and effective in shedding light on this important issue. You can check out the campaign's website at takethepledge.tumblr.com.


         This week my #1 focus is pulling together and solidifying the plan for the Movember campaign. Last week I met with Colin Brennan and Leo Macpherson from Athletics, and they are completely on board for partnering with the campaign. The Men's Hockey team is going to be doing some great events throughout the month to help out. As well, I've reached out to faculty and staff... the main goal is to make this a campus wide campaign! We are going to have a great kick-off party on November 2nd at The Inn so watch out for info on that ... for now be sure to head to The Official FB Page and like the page to stay up to date on the campus campaign. I AM SO EXCITED I LOVE MOVEMBER ... more info to follow!


Also this Saturday is our first concert at The Inn feat. Tim Chaisson and Poor Young Things. Wylder and I saw Poor Young Things perform in Montreal this summer and they were unreal, and of coure... Tim. Need I say more? I actually cannot explain how much I love him. I mean, watch this video and look at his eyes. HIS EYES!  He has a new album out and the show is going to be amazing, and tickets are only $5!! That's crazy! Get your tickets now at the Info Desk!

That's all for now, I will be posting again soon because there is much more to update you on! Good luck to everyone who is still writing exams, and see you all at WING NIGHT

- Kaleigh, VP Comm

No comments:

Post a Comment