Thursday, May 31, 2012

Greetings!!!


Welcome to my very first Blog post. Now I've never considered myself much of a blogger, but I'll try my best to be as witty as Miss Tessa Burns below. Unfortunately I was unable to attend WING NIGHT last night, but I did manage to have a pool party at the Claymore. That's got to count for something....


In terms of Students' Union adventures, I have been hard at work talking to administration about plans for next year!!! I have begun work on having 24 Hour Study Space. I will be checking out a few possible options this week to see how the spaces could be repurposed to accomodate students studying. As well FROSH WEEK plans are well underway. The Student Orientation Committee has been discussing evening events, academic advising, and of course my favourite, the Jello Slide!!! 


The Executive Team did a bit of traveling around this May, attending a Leadership Conference near Kentville with other Students' Union Execs from across the Province. There was even a student from Arkansas. Pictured here is Nick making friends with Acadia's Matt Rios...

 We also escaped the Nish another time to head near Pictou for a day of team goals, leadership initiatives, and office plans. It was an eventful day that involved a certain exec getting electrocuted by an electric fence, she got a wee bit too close to the horses. We also had great discussions about Core Values, and fun events for the year!!! 






So far things are off to a good start! The month of May has flown by faster than anyone could have expected, all of a sudden we've got LA and New Jersey in the Stanley Cup Finals, we're 1/4 done summer, and I've turned into a One Direction obsessed teenager. I don't like to look at it that way though, the summer is still 3/4 full, and the Nish is that much closer to being repopulated. Plus One Direction is a legitimately great boy band.


Until we meet again dear X friends, remember to stay classy, and rep X all day everyday. I shall return with another blog very soon, outlining more about 24 Hour Study Space, Academic Resources, and the good ol Co-Curricular Record. Stay tuned for more Frosh Week updates.


In the words of Ellen Degeneres, "be kind to one another!"


Peace, love, and kittens


Rachel Mitchell




No comments:

Post a Comment