Tuesday, June 5, 2012

rainy dayz

Annnd the good ol' Antigonish weather is back .. rain for daaays. But here's a lil' update on what's been going on in the Comm office! I've been working closely with Pat and Sean over the past two weeks putting together our sponsorship package for Frosh Week which I just finished up yesterday. The next goal will be to get our ad package ready to send out to businesses over the next few weeks! 

Also two weeks (?) ago we launched the NEW website which is super exciting! If you haven't had a chance to check it out yet be sure to stop by theu.ca soon - there are a few kinks that need to be worked out soon but otherwise it's looking great! Huge thanks to Dave Mattie on this project 

Another large project that's been under way is the planning of Frosh Week - I have to keep most details under wraps until the big reveal but I've been working on designs for the theme and logo, as well as getting the Frosh website underway! Wylder and the rest of the Student Orientation Committee have been working very hard to make sure that Frosh Week is amazing and I can't wait for SEPTEMBER!


Like Tessa and Rach mentioned before, the exec team went to the valley earlier in May for an ANSSA conference. It was really great to meet other exec teams from other universities, it's so interesting how different each Student Union or Association is. It was a great experience and I learned a lot from the other schools. Later this month Wylder and I will be heading to the Canadian Organization of Campus Activities (COCA)  national conference in Montreal where we'll get to experience this shared learning even more, so I'm really looking forward to that! 


Oh and how could I forget THE INN ?!? Wylder and I have started our weekly meetings with Kris (the Bar Manager) and starting to solidify some dates for all your favourite events (country night anyone?!) and to start all the other plans for the year. Wowzaas I can't wait for FIRST WING NIGHT BACK!!


Well that's all for now, hope the sun's shining where you are!


- Kaleigh, VP Comm

No comments:

Post a Comment