Thursday, June 21, 2012

Greetings Xaverians,

First off, Congratulations to the LA Kings on their Stanley Cup victory!!! Now that the best season of all has come to an end, it's time to begin the countdown to the LONDON OLYMPICS!!! The games are the only reason my roomies and I are still paying for our cable right now. I hope everyone is also counting down to My Generation - Frosh Week 2012. The Student Orientation Committee has been hard at work planning events for throughout the week, to keep all the first years active, excited, and cheering.

Frosh Week is not the only thing on my radar right now! I have begun work on the Co-Curricular Record, something last year's executive were very passionate about. I plan to continue the progress, and in the coming weeks will look to put together a working group to discuss the logistics of the record at X. The CCR is essentially an official University document outlining your extra curricular involvement during your time at X. I will keep you all posted on the CCR status, and would love to hear your thoughts!!!

Another endeavour I have begun work on is 24 HOUR STUDY SPACE!!! This is something that Nick and I campaigned on, and I am very committed to implementing for students. I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter. Please email me su_vp@stfx.ca, tweet at RachMitch30 or TheUOfficial!!! One of the options I'm exploring is repurposing Gilmora Gym as a study space.

Last week I went to Fredricton for a conference on Inclusion in the Education Sector. It was run by the Atlantic Human Rights Centre, and was a wonderfully orchestrated conference, unfortunately for me it was not as tailored to post secondary schools as I had hoped. I still learned lots, and heard some incredibly inspiring stories from individuals.

Ok friends that's just a wee update on a few things I have been working on. I hope course registration is going well for all returning students. I'm still waiting on an override, as per usual for me. Well we are now more than half way through June, my One Direction obsession continues, but has taken a backseat to my new interest in exploring X yearbooks in the spirit of Frosh Week My Generation theme.

The Great Antigonish Beachcrawl continues, as my roomies and I embark on a different beach adventure every weekend. Hope the weather cooperates... To all the X students out there, keep on registering in courses, enjoy the summer days, and get excited to welcome the newest class of XAVERIANS!!!!


Stay tuned for more updates from my office! Thanks for reading my blog and feel free to contact me with any comments, ideas, or thoughts.

Rachel Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment