Monday, July 16, 2012

Guess Who's Back?

G'day G'day

Just a little update on what it is I have been Do'n lately

COCA
Last Week was my first week back in the office since before COCA. Since my last video post I've visited Montreal for the Canadian Organization of Campus Activities National Conference to watch various Show Case's of artists from around the world. There were a multitude of great musicians and DJ's that I hope to bring to StFX and The Golden X Inn. The highlight of the weekend was probably a Video Show put on by Skratch Bastid that I intend to share with all of you by bringing it here at some point this year. Along side great music were a variety of moving speakers, comedians, promotional companies, bright minds and sunshine!

OTHER STUFF
Societies
I have already begun working with number of societies on some great events to hold at The Inn this year. When packing for X be sure to bring your bathing suit and some groovy shades for the SIFE Society's Beach night! If Country is more your thing stop by The Inn for a bull ride and some good tunes with DJ OuZo and the Equestrian Society.

Frosh Week
The schedule for this week is all finished and confirmed just waiting on the Big Concert Act to be released later this month. I am excited to announce that DJ Grand Theft from Team Canada DJ's will be headlining GLOW, an event to replace Rain this year.

ByLaws
We will see some of the out door events in different locations this September due to some new By-Law restrictions that are in place this year. I am attending the Town Council Meeting tonight to present my proposed locations for frosh week events. Wish me luck!

I will follow up this post with a good old fashioned Vlog shortly.

Stay Tuned for more updates from the Activities end of the Union Arena.

Over n Out.

Wylder OuZo Hatte
VP Activities & Events



No comments:

Post a Comment