Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Incoming VP Profile: Amy Brierly, VP Union Services


Hey There Everyone! J

    My name is Amy Brierley and I am your VP Union Services for the 2013-2014 year! I am currently in my fourth year of the Bachelor of Arts program here at X, working towards an Honours in Development Studies and a Subsidiary in Political Science. I transferred to St. FX after my first year and am a proud Bear, having spent my first year living in the Mount. I was born in a town just outside of Manchester, England (for those who follow British football, I’ve been a proud Manchester City fan since I was born) and immigrated to Canada when I was three. I have lived in small town Acton, Ontario ever since. 

    This will be my third year being involved with the U. In my first year I was an environmental rep on the Mount’s House Council and a Research Officer. In second year, I held the positions of Student Food Resource Centre Coordinator and External Equity Advocate.
My job this year consists of managing and overseeing the services provided by the Students’ Union. This includes the Student Food Resource Centre, Student Advocates, X-Tutoring and Off Campus Housing. I am also involved with the Campus Trust Health and Dental Plan. There have been some really exciting changes to my office this year, allowing me to be more involved with health and well-being issues on campus, including sexual assault awareness, mental health awareness and physical health! I’m pretty passionate about all of these issues and can’t wait to pursue some awesome initiatives this year! If you are ever wondering how you can get involved on campus, drop by my office and I can help you find something that speaks to your own passion! I will also be your secondary delegate for CASA and Students Nova Scotia. If you are ever interested in chatting about our lobbying efforts at the provincial or federal level, drop Ben or myself a line!

    On a more personal note: I am actively involved with the Development Studies Society, Coady FX and the Model United Nations Society on campus. My favourite group is Two Door Cinema Club but I love mostly any type of music. I like chocolate too much for my own good, jump at any chance to sing karaoke and love road trips. I am also a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I like meeting new people, and would love to chat if you ever want to drop by my office!

Here’s to a great year!


No comments:

Post a Comment