Friday, May 3, 2013

Incoming VP Profile: Kelly Nelson, VP Student Relations


Hey X!

     My name is Kelly Nelson and I’m really excited to be your VP Student Relations for 2013-2014!
Three years ago, I came to X from the small town of Tyrone, Ontario and have been bleeding blue and white ever since! I am currently in my fourth year of a BSc in Mathematics and love hearing people tell me I’m crazy because of it. Before being on TheU, I was a frosh in MacIsaac, RA in Lane Hall, and the HD of MacKinnon Hall (Chillis & MacNeil). Clearly I love living in residence, but this year you’ll find me reppin’ the green and yellow of Off Campus! When I’m not cracking down on the books, you can find me out volunteering, running around campus or at the KMC playing hockey, and if I’m not there then I’ve probably tripped or ran into an inanimate object and I’ll be there soon!

     To give you all a run through of what the VP Student Relations does: I am the primary liaison between the Students’ Union and Residence Services, I manage the House Council Coordinators, House Presidents/Vice Presidents and Off Campus Leaders, and I sit on several committees including Student Orientation Committee, Food Service Liaison Committee and Campus Affairs Committee. This may sound like a lot of work, but to be honest it’s Friday and I cannot wait for Monday!   

     I am so excited to be part of your Students’ Union Executive for the coming term! We have so much in store and can’t wait to share it with you! Make sure to catch up on sleep over the summer because you’re going to need it! I cannot wait to meet all of you – whether it’s walking to class or out at Wing Night, feel free to stop me to say hi or send some of your wonderful ideas my way! For the upcoming year, I really want to stress the fact that the Students’ Union is “By Students. For Students” and we are here to ensure that you have the best year yet!!

120 DAYS TIL FROSH WEEK!
@Kel_2the_Nel


Phone: (902) 867-5152

No comments:

Post a Comment