Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Incoming VP Profile: Taylor Mason, Vice President


Hey all,

    My name is Taylor Mason and I am the Students' Union Vice President for the 2013-2014 year! When people ask me where I am from, I usually say PEI, but I could also say Nova Scotia or Saskatchewan so whatever you prefer works fine for me. I am currently in my fourth year double majoring in Aquatic Resources and Public Policy/Social Research, which I absolutely love. 

    The U and I are quite familiar as I began my years at X as Frosh Councillor and environmental rep on house council, moving on to TNT House President in my 2nd year. I studied abroad in my 3rd year and spent an unforgettable 6 months in New Zealand which was nothing short of an amazing experience. 

    In my role as VP, most of my responsibilities fall under equity and academics. I advocate for various equity issues and support equity seeking groups throughout the StFX community while also sitting as a student representative on the University's Senate. I sit on a number of committees that focus on student orientation, equity on campus, and our academic lives, while consistently working to get your voices heard! 

    There is such a variety of paths offered to students to find their passion and get involved within the StFX community, and I truly encourage every one of you to seek these opportunities out! We are all here for the same bumpin and memorable moments, however time flies so let's take advantage of every open door here at X (too many to count) and work together to make the most of our Xperience! 
If you have any questions, concerns or ideas don't ever hesitate to contact me or any of the Executive team! Or, if you would rather chat about things such as X-Men, music festivals, NBA, Game of Thrones, etc then just come on by.

Peace n Blessings, 

Taylor Mason


No comments:

Post a Comment